MPCG Parents/Guardians & Students,
May-Port CG Grades 6-12 Distance Learning Attendance Policy:
Due to the nature of our current situation and moving to distance education our attendance policy will look different for Quarter 4.
This policy will go into effect on April 1, 2020.
Overall School Attendance will be calculated using the following pieces:
● Daily contact with student's Common Time Teacher
● Daily attendance in Schoology
● Work completion
● Student/Teacher Communication.
Daily attendance (recorded in PowerSchool) will be recorded via a daily point of contact with all students through their common time teachers, this must be done by 3:30pm. ALL STUDENTS must check-in with their COMMON TIME TEACHER each and every day for attendance purposes. All students will be marked present daily unless a point of contact is NOT made by 3:30pm each day.
Course attendance will be recorded via Schoology log-in, work completion, and teacher/student communication. Accountability (taken by each individual teacher) will be factored into the student's grade.
IF YOUR STUDENT WILL NOT BE ATTENDING CLASSES DUE TO ILLNESS PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE AND LEAVE A MESSAGE.
Consequences for excessive absenteeism for Quarter 4:
● 2 absences: Teacher will reach out to parent/guardian
● 3 absences: Mrs. Blotsky will reach out to parent/guardian
● 4 absences: Mrs. Blotsky & Mr. Bradner will be making a home visit
● 5 absences: Student risks losing credit in said subject area.
● As a reminder MPCG Attendance Policy states: A student shall be allowed a maximum of 10 absences per semester (this includes all appointments) and on the 11th absence will be subject to loss of credit for that class.
If you have any questions,
please contact Mrs. Blotsky,
MPCG MS/HS Principal